<$BlogRSDURL$>

Arun Cavale/Male/26-30. Lives in India/Maharastra/Mumbai, speaks English and Hindi. My interests are Survival takes all my time.
This is my blogchalk:
India, Maharastra, Mumbai, English, Hindi, Arun Cavale, Male, 26-30, Survival takes all my time.


web counter

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

If opposites indeed attract......

....the why do people who are attracted to each other start looking alike?? (on a separate discussion, does this mean that they will no more be attracted to each other? Maybe its a karmic cycle of attraction & repulsion, no?)

The "keeda" for this post was planted by KJ in one of her comments to my earlier posts. No, this post is not about how KJ keeps planting "keedas" and affecting the general health of the public. This is far less interesting than that. This is what KJ wrote:

".....it happens when ur fine tuned to another person...and before u know it, u'll even start looking like each other...for the wife's sake, i hope ur good looking :p"

That then set me off on the highroad (sidenote #1: why is it called "Highroad"? Is it becoz its an uphill? Must be, considering that any activity involving any amount of thinking is definitely an uphill task for me:-P).

In my 2 years of knowing my wife (DC), have I started looking like her? Or, worse still (for her, of course), has she started looking like me *shocking*?

Now since DC stays about 5 hours away from me, it is obviously difficult for my 256MB BDD (brain disk drive) to make a fair comparison. (I need her to be here, right in front of me to make any "spot 6 differences" kinda analysis, u see)

Thats when i decided to instead understand and answer a related question:

What would happen if, as KJ says, my wife and I were to start looking like each other?

This, my BDD confirms (without any RAMming, of course) can be done. So it goes on to present its conclusions on the complicated analysis, as below:

#1. Indian women look good with a headfull of thick hair. It is advisable not to change this status. (unlucky me:-()
#2. Indian women don't look good with facial hair. It is advisable not to change this status too.
#3. It has been proven that Gillette Mach3 is harmful to sensitive female skin. And Revlon to sensitive male egos.
#4. While wifey can still wear my T-shirts (which she already does) & trousers, sadly, I cannot wear her blouses and skirts.
#5. A female imitation of a nasal Kumar Sanu song ("yaara o yaara, milna hamara, jaane kya rang laayega...uuhhoo uuhhoo") actually manages to sound worse than the real thing.
#6. The family consumption of make-up, esp. moisturiser / facial creams would go up. I wouldn't know where to stop applying the "facial" cream, and start applying the shampoo instead!
#7. Woman with beer paunch is neither "ale" nor healthy!
#8.................
#9.................

Oh my god, am already thinking like a woman!! I can't seem to go beyond 7 points (8 & 9 are there coz "9 is so lucky ya....") (Sidenote #2: Ashi, you asked me to make this sexist remark, remember?)



|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?