<$BlogRSDURL$>

Arun Cavale/Male/26-30. Lives in India/Maharastra/Mumbai, speaks English and Hindi. My interests are Survival takes all my time.
This is my blogchalk:
India, Maharastra, Mumbai, English, Hindi, Arun Cavale, Male, 26-30, Survival takes all my time.


web counter

Monday, April 19, 2004

The Shuttler who shuttled too much....

This one is inspired by Toinks post on attracting disasters.

I am reminded of one rather funny (to us, not for the pal in question, am sure!) incident that involved a good friend and classmate of mine. NR and I were classmates in school, then in pre-univ (XI & XII), and again in engineering. Further, my mom and his mom were colleagues. So, as you have guessed rightly, we were quite close.

This incident dates back to the time when we both were doing our pre-univ in a college in Bangalore. Every afternoon / early evening, we would go to another of our classmate's (Ishwar) house. Here, we (about 4-5 of us) would play Badminton on the terrace of Ishwar's house. And as yours truly was quite good at the game, NR would insist that I be his doubles partner.

One such evening, we were all playing a hotly contested doubles match on the terrace. NR was, as usual, my partner. During a stage in the game, NR was playing at the back of the court, while I was standing near the net trying to finish-off any loose openings. The shuttle was tossed deep inside our court, and I cried out to NR "Finsh it".....nothing happened. I shouted again "come on smash"....Nothing happened. I turned around to see what had happened, and holy shit, NR was not to be seen!!!!

NR had taken a tumble and was lying face down on the ground. Thankfully, there was a lawn and he had chosen a good green spot to make his landing. We immediately took him to a hospital, where the Doc confirmed that nothing was broken. Not even so much as a bruise. Except that the extremely fair-skinned NR was looking as if all his blood had been drained from one side of his body to the other: He was a mixture of "Indian" and "Red Indian":-D

To complicate matters (for us that is), he started blabbering
"Boss, tho' I fell down, nothing has happened. That means God wants me to live. He has kept me alive so that I can get a Rank in the XII standard exams...."etc etc etc...

Whether God really intended all that is another story. To be told someother day. So keep reading.....



|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?