<$BlogRSDURL$>

Arun Cavale/Male/26-30. Lives in India/Maharastra/Mumbai, speaks English and Hindi. My interests are Survival takes all my time.
This is my blogchalk:
India, Maharastra, Mumbai, English, Hindi, Arun Cavale, Male, 26-30, Survival takes all my time.


web counter

Monday, April 19, 2004

Pati, Patni aur.....Telepathy!

There is a reason why I am writing this after saying in my earlier post (see below) that I'm feeling too "lazy" to write anything for sometime. No, I'm still lazy and nothing could possibly change that. But then haven't you heard of lazy (idle) mind being the devil's workshop? (not sure of the devil part tho')...And then, of course, interesting things happen when you are lazy enough not to expect any.

I have seen many a movie - of course the bollywood churners - that have enlightened me about the existence of "telepathy" between Husband-wife / mother-son / brother-brother and so on...

I have also read quite a few books on the same - reading which have kept me awake many a late night.

And am sure so have you too.

But, have you ever experienced it yourself?

I have. And have come to believe in it. A sort of an inexplicable but certain link between my wife and me. There have been too many instances supporting this belief - one too many to be brushed-off as "coincidence". The latest one happened about 5 minutes back - and that's the stimulus that set my "lazy" self to put down this post.

It's not coincidence when:

1. everytime she thinks of calling me, she receives a call from me instead. At the very moment.

Uncanny this. It started happening about a year (slightly more than a year) ago. And it continues to this day. Across different countries.

And the vice-versa also happens (she calling me up). But the frequency is lesser. (maybe the signal here in Singapore is not so good?:-D)

2. Everytime - EVERYTIME - we play "20 Questions", we end up guessing each other's answer.

You may say "well, thats what the whole game is, aint it?". True. But then you need to know how different my wife's tastes are from my own. While she is the "sophisticated" one in the family with a fine taste for western classical music (chopin, mozart etc), i'm the "dehati" one who would revel in Govinda's own "symphony no.1" instead. While she would talk comfortably about great philosophical authors (no examples here, dont know any:-D), my list would start at "Robert Ludlum" and end at "John Grisham". You get the picture, right? So the point here is that there's no way she would select a personality that I would be aware of even remotely (my limited brain drive automatically deletes such names to make space for more meaningful ones. Like "Calvin & Hobbes" for example). The reverse too is true. I would also deliberately choose personalities from my own areas of interest that would not be her "top-of-mind" recall.

So as the game goes, rest assured, the first 19 questions are sure disasters for both of us. But then the fun starts. When the 20th chance comes around, I / she would focus hard on the answer, and sort of "urge" the other to get it. And in 9 times out of 10, it works!

While initially it used to startle us, we have now accepted it as real. And instead of wasting time on wondering at it with surprise, we try to deliberately use this "telepathic" link to "transmit" the answer to each other:-)

3. Just today, about 5 minutes before i started to write this piece, yet another incident happened.
As some of you know, DC returned to India yesterday after a 11-day holiday here with me in Singapore and had been missing me all day today. She was travelling home from work in her vehicle in Mumbai when she closed her eyes and thought of me. She thought she could be home early today and be in time to take my call. And the next thing she knows - she gets a call on her mobile. Me of course!:-)

Well there have been quite a few instances like this. But at this stage, my laziness has taken over my self again, and prevents me from trying to remember any more of those instances. So it remains fodder for another day and another blog.




|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?