<$BlogRSDURL$>

Arun Cavale/Male/26-30. Lives in India/Maharastra/Mumbai, speaks English and Hindi. My interests are Survival takes all my time.
This is my blogchalk:
India, Maharastra, Mumbai, English, Hindi, Arun Cavale, Male, 26-30, Survival takes all my time.


web counter

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Movies and me!

Before I subject you to the subject topic, allow me the devious pleasure of deviating to apologise for being inactive on this blog for the last week or so...been caught up with work up to my thinning pate....

Ok, with that being said and done with, lets come to the one issue that seems to happen - always - with me, making my "relationship" with movies and movie theatres so much more strong:-)

The guy sitting next to me in the movie hall.

I have had - by some cosmic supernatural design or plain default - to endure some amazingly, err lets just call "entertaining" people sitting next to me in almost every movie that I go to...And this phenomenon is spread across cities / theatres / movies...

1. Movie: Chalte Chalte; Location: Bangalore

The guy sitting next to me was a typical "tapori" reformed into ala Shah Rukh...With a bandanna - a very colorful one at that - firmly in place on the head that wasn't, this guy insisted that he not only got to sing all the songs that Shah Rukh sang in the movie, but also the ones that Rani Mukherjee sang for Shah Rukh!!!

2. Movie: Hum Tum; Location: Mulund

There were 2 middle-aged guys sitting next to me...and the guy actually sitting next to me was so excited everytime the cartoon "Hum Tum" characters came along, that I actually felt pity for his friend..Not only did this guy make it clear in no uncertain terms how much he loved the movie / movie stars / cartoons / songs etc, he insisted that his friend "MUST" like the movie/movie stars/cartoons/songs etc, as much as he himself did!!!!!

3. Movie: Dev; Location: Thane

The guy sitting next to me - didnt have a bandanna, no - seemed quite decent and all that...atleast decent enuff to give me the impression that this movie would be a different..but alas, it wasn't to be...once the lights went off, and the dialogues started flowing in "The" Bachchan's classy baritone, this guy could not be restrained...He started to sort of jump all over, shake his head, move to the edge of the seat, cross uncross his legs and all that....(Disclaimer: all this at a safe physical distance from me)...At one point in the movie, after a particularly powerful dialogue from AB, this guy actually removed the cap from his head...talk of being moved, this guy was really moving, u know what i mean!

I guess thats the fun of actually paying up and going to the movies!:-)



|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?