<$BlogRSDURL$>

Arun Cavale/Male/26-30. Lives in India/Maharastra/Mumbai, speaks English and Hindi. My interests are Survival takes all my time.
This is my blogchalk:
India, Maharastra, Mumbai, English, Hindi, Arun Cavale, Male, 26-30, Survival takes all my time.


web counter

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Twinkle twinkle Big Star!

Date: 20th May, 2004
Venue: Departure area, Changi Airport, Singapore

I pass through Immigration, and enter the world of duty free shopping..Have about an hour for my flight to Sydney..And I hear some loud music in the airport..follow my ears, and end up in front of a mini-stage which reads "IIFA Awards 2004, Meet the Stars of Indian Films".

As i listen to the pretty young thing tell me and the 20+ crowd how our day is going to be made: We would be meeting the biggest stars of Bollywood as they arrive in Singapore for the IIFA awards..Im, well, excited, i guess...esp since Im right in front of the stage!

As we wait for the stars to come out in the day, we are told that they have just landed, and should be at the stage in all of 5 minutes..and so they do!!

Sunjay Dutt.....wearing a white-shirt, and black trousers..

AC: (Shouting) "heyy Munna!!!"

SD: "Kaun hain be?"
AC: "Tera baap hain be!"

SD: (taken aback) "heyy hi, please come up...so, whats your name? and so what did you like so much about "Munna Bhain MBBS"?"

AC: (getting on to the stage, and taking the mike from him) "Mike Testing...1, 2, 3.."

Ha ha ha....

OK, that was what didn't happen.

What did happen however was....

A tall dashing man in a peppered french beard, in a deep baritone: "Hi, Its always wonderful to be back in Singapore..." (and then, turning towards me) "Hello" (waves at me).

I had met the biggest star of them all, even before I had taken to the sky:-)
I had met Amitabh, THE Bachchan!

PS: Well, The "didn't happen" portion didn't happen since I had to rush off to board my flight...



|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?