<$BlogRSDURL$>

Arun Cavale/Male/26-30. Lives in India/Maharastra/Mumbai, speaks English and Hindi. My interests are Survival takes all my time.
This is my blogchalk:
India, Maharastra, Mumbai, English, Hindi, Arun Cavale, Male, 26-30, Survival takes all my time.


web counter

Saturday, May 01, 2004

"Vasudeva Kutumbakam"......

Writing this post as I wait for my Flight (to Singapore) at Jakarta Airport..The inspiration for this post is a fellow Indian sitting next to me..(am actually writing this while trying to keep it out of his line of sight!)...A 25-28 year old Indian male (actually that line pretty much conveys a lot, thus helping me avoid an elaborate description of him) talking to some girl in India on his mobile..Seems he's living an exciting life of a Romeo...actually make that "Majnu" (Phir bhi dil hain hindustani, you see!)..So as I was saying, and as he was saying, he seems to be a majnu who will be shortly marrying his sweetheart (which is not the one he is talking to, btw)...and one set of parents - most probably his - are opposed to the idea...So Mr.Majnu is describing his trouble to the girl on the line (i think its possibly his sister)..He is right now saying that he will go visit his parents before the marriage and try to thaw the stand-off..."I am scared this stand-off will become permanent, if I dont do something now", says Mr. Majnu...He also adds, for good measure, that he always knew that the girl-on-the-line was someone he knew would support him, though he was not so confident about "Sumedha" (AC: I should be hating myself for doing this...but i dont)...Anyways, the discussion is continuing on the same lines...but heyy wait, he's leaving now...OK, he's taking the earlier flight to India via Singapore...So that puts an end to this commentary...

Brought to you, Live!, by Radio Mirch Masala...

PS: Why "Vasudeva Kutumbakam"??? Dont you get it? Irrespective of which country he's in, what he does for a living, and such other qualifiers, a 28 year-old Indian male seems to have the same problems when it comes to marriage!!



|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?